[ICANN-CSC] Letter to CSC Charter Review team

Elaine Pruis elainepruis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 17:08:01 UTC 2018

Hello

The charter review team is having some confusion about the SLA change
procedure, and the relevant text in the Charter.  The charter review team
was looking for guidance on which types of changes in the procedure doc are
material and non material. But as you said Kal, "The document contains
procedures for all types of changes."  I provided some examples to the
charter review team of SLA changes that have been discussed (technical
checks) and are in discussion (LGR/IDN tables) to help clear up confusion.
Bart and I are working to put together some text that: refers back to the
note from Sam (ICANN legal) that creates the room to get this procedures
into place; includes the cover letter that spells out the need for a change
procedure; and somehow gives the CSC and IFO allowance to determine when a
change is considered "material" as they come up, rather than trying to
define what's material or not in the change procedure doc.

More to come.

Elaine