[ICANN-CSC] CSC May Meeting 21, Tuesday, 15 May, 20:00-21:30 UTC

Maria Otanes maria.otanes at icann.org
Mon May 14 14:34:47 UTC 2018

Dear CSC,

Friendly reminder, the next CSC call is scheduled for tomorrow, 15 May at 20:00 UTC.

Wiki: https://community.icann.org/x/FxcFBQ

We will be using Zoom for this call: https://icann.zoom.us/j/8443017675

Thanks,

Ria

From: Naela Sarras <naela.sarras at iana.org>
Date: Friday, May 11, 2018 at 5:58 PM
To: Maria Otanes <maria.otanes at icann.org>, "icann-csc at icann.org" <ICANN-CSC at icann.org>
Subject: Re: [ICANN-CSC] CSC April Meeting 21, Tuesday, 15 May, 20:00-21:30 UTC

Dear Colleagues,

This is an update on “Action 20-03-2018: PTI to explore effort needed to extract regional data on performance against Service Levels, initially only for ccTLDs, and report back at the next meeting “. I’d like to share the following ahead of the meeting in order to give the CSC members a chance to consider the options:

We had an internal discussion with the development team about the feasibility and effort level required to regionalize the reporting of the SLA data. A few issues would need to be thought through first such as transmitting more identifying information to the dashboard than we currently do in order to identify the TLD and defining what regions TLDs belong to (this is conceptually easier for ccTLDs that it is for gTLDs). One more aspect to consider is that if all 63 current SLA measurements are duplicated across all 5 regions plus the combined report, we would end up with a significantly longer report. All these elements can be worked out of course. We just need to decide if this is a long term effort we should undertake and manage resources to implement it.
One suggestion is for PTI staff do a one-off manual analysis of the data and share it with the CSC. If it turns out to be that the data is informative and desired long term, we can work on implementing it in the dashboard going forward. To do this we would ask the CSC to define a timeframe in which they are interested in studying the data (for example 1 month, 3 months, etc). The staff will manually create the mappings and generate charts to illustrate the data. It will be difficult to produce all currently defined 63 SLAs that way but we can focus on the manual and staff dependent processes.
This one time manual report on applying the current SLAs by region is estimated to take about two months to provide. We estimate it will one FTE employee a full week to put together the report but we’ll need to spread their time during that month to cover other duties.

I look forward to the discussion of this item at the next meeting.

Best regards,

Naela