[ICANN-CSC] [Ext] Revisions to RAPs Flowing from CSC Charter Review

James Gannon james at cyberinvasion.net
Mon Nov 12 21:45:40 UTC 2018

I believe that this is a misunderstanding, the function of the CSC is to oversee on behalf of the customers of the IANA functions, the IANA functions operator (See paragraph 130 of the final CWG-Stewardship) this is currently PTI and ICANN but the CSC is within its remit as defined in the CWG stewardship proposal to state that we will to the RAP to remain in place for future IFOs (Which of course we all hope will never happen). As defined in paragraph 131 the CSC does not have a mandate to inmate a chance in the IFO (We have another process for that) but in paragraphs 139-141 at no point is the distinction below mentioned and from my recollection was ever intended.

I would personally object to the proposal not to include this requirement in the RAPs.