[ICANN-CSC] December 2018 IANA Naming Function Performance Report

Brett Carr brett.carr at nominet.uk
Tue Jan 15 13:31:56 UTC 2019

All (Happy new year)

Naela: An excellent report again, well done to all at IANA.

I have two comments/questions:

Page 17, Staff Processing/Other: Has taken quite a leap from it normally being less than a day for between 1-4 requests to it being 6.13 days for 2 requests. I wonder if you can give any background to this jump, is it normal for December perhaps.

That brings me on nicely to my second comment which is: It’s useful to see figures from previous months to compare against however would it also be useful to see the figure from the equivalent month 1 year ago to also compare against. I would imagine the month of December for example has a dip in requests and in staff availability and so seeing Dec2017 against Dec 2018 may be useful. This applies to other parts of the year I would imagine as well.

Thanks

Brett

--
Brett Carr