[ICANN-CSC] [EXT] Re: CSC Meeting 30: Recording, Notes, & Chat

Allan MacGillivray allan.macgillivray at cira.ca
Fri Jun 7 17:20:17 UTC 2019

Naela – thanks for pushing forward to deliver a draft of the proposed change to the ccTLD SLA.  I have made some comments in the attached document.  But one very general one is that the ccTLD community is very, very particular about terminology and for them, the reference document is the Final Report of the Framework of Interpretation Working Group’.  I recommend that you stick to the terminology therein which refers to ccTLD ‘delegations and transfers’, rather than ‘creations/transfers’.  I think that we can avoid some comments if Bart were to closely review the first paragraph in the background section to ensure that PTI is not seen to be deviating from establish orthodoxy.

I have one other comment/question. The table labelled ‘Current and proposed SLA thresholds’ makes reference to ‘new SLAs’.  For example, ‘Validation and Review after each submission’ – 100% within 14 days’ is referred to as a ‘new SLA’.  Maybe its just my own understanding, but I thought that ‘ccTLD delegation and Transfer’ is the SLA and that activities within it, such as ‘validation and review’, are metrics that make up that SLA.  Have I got this wrong?  Otherwise, if we call this a ‘new SLA’, then the process is very different.

Regards

Allan