[ICANN-CSC] CSC Meeting 27: Recording, Notes, & Chat

Brett Carr brett.carr at nominet.uk
Fri Mar 8 15:49:08 UTC 2019

Thanks Naela,
     I have reviewed both documents and am happy with them. I currently have no comments/questions on them.

Regards

Brett

--
Brett Carr
Manager DNS and Network Engineering

From: ICANN-CSC <icann-csc-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Naela Sarras <naela.sarras at iana.org>
Date: Wednesday, 6 March 2019 at 17:24
To: "ICANN-CSC at icann.org" <ICANN-CSC at icann.org>
Subject: Re: [ICANN-CSC] CSC Meeting 27: Recording, Notes, & Chat

Dear Colleagues,

For PTI’s action items:

Action 02 27 2019: PTI (Naela) to document on how to deal with changes reflecting requirements in SLA change process document.
Action 03 27 2019: PTI to develop planning document ( + tentative timelines etc. to include SLA re LGR/IDN tables)

Please find attached the DRAFT documents prepared for those action items.

Please note these documents are drafts only. They have not been fully circulated within ICANN but we wanted to share them with the CSC for the benefit of our meeting next week to make sure we are all aligned on how to operationalize the Process for Amending the IANA Naming Service Level Agreements once the IANA Naming Function Contract amendment process is completed.

The documents attached are as follows:

“Overview with Proceeding with SLA changes”-  As you recall, we began preliminary discussions at the last CSC meeting on how to process the first three SLA Changes once the amendment, etc. is in place.  Each one is a different category of change, and at a different stage in the planning process.  We are suggesting that each SLA Change Request be handled individually so one doesn’t hold another from completing.

“Technical Check SLAs Change” is a working draft of a document called for in the SLA Change process. Phase 1 requires a preliminary analysis from PTI, then a final one in Phase 2.  The document covers a benefit/risk analysis, cost analysis and implementation plan.  In order to operationalize future SLA Change requests, we have tried to develop a template to use going forward.  To ease operationalization, the template codifies the process itself with a check-list.

I realize that a third document for LGR/IDN Tables is still outstanding but I think there will be a great value in creating that document after we’ve had some discussion on the attached ones since they will serve a basis for new ones.

Safe travels to those going to ICANN64 and talk to you all next week.

Best regards,
Naela