[ICANN-CSC] CSC Findings on PTI Performance October 2019

Maria Otanes maria.otanes at icann.org
Fri Nov 8 21:33:24 UTC 2019

Sent on behalf of the Chair of the CSC, Lars-Johan Liman.

------------------------

Dear Community Members,

It’s my pleasure as chair of the Customer Standing Committee to provide you with our monthly findings on the performance of Public Technical Identifiers (PTI) over October 2019. I am pleased to inform you that the CSC has concluded that PTI’s overall performance over October 2019 was “Satisfactory” - PTI met 98.4 % of the service level agreements over the month of October 2019. The missed service level agreement was satisfactorily explained and not an indication of a performance issue.

The related PTI report to the CSC, listing the individual service level metrics along with their actual and historical performance, can be found at: https://www.iana.org/performance/csc-reports.

I’m also very pleased to provide you an update on the two outstanding SLA changes:

1.            In accordance with the SLA change procedure: the CSC had requested the ccNSO and GNSO Councils to approve to the introduction of a new SLA: IDN Tables processing times, and we have been informed they did accordingly.

2.            The second SLA listed in the CSC Findings report – the ccTLD Creation/Transfer – Validation and Reviews: SLA amendments - was approved by the CSC, and PTI has opened a public comment forum to seek your input and comments (see: https://www.icann.org/public-comments/proposed-sla-for-cctld-creation-transfer-2019-10-14-en [icann.org]) .

Both SLA changes are explained in more detail in the CSC Findings report October 2019.

The CSC met in person and with different stakeholder groups in Montreal, Canada during ICANN66. The presentations at our meeting and what we gave to the different groups are available at: https://www.icann.org/en/csc/documents [icann.org] .  I am honored to inform you that in Montreal the CSC has selected me as its new Chair and Brett Carr  - one of the ccNSO appointed members - as Vice-Chair, both for the duration of this term (until March 2020).

I would also like to officially recognize and thank the PTI staff for going beyond expectations by providing their October report to us already on November 03, so that we could address it at our in-person meeting in Montreal the day after. This undoubtedly came at the cost of weekend worktime for some staff, and on behalf of the entire committee I would like to forward our warm appreciation for this.

Generally, the CSC regular meeting is scheduled on or around the 15th every month, and the CSC Findings report on the PTI performance is sent out shortly after that meeting. If you would like to be informed of upcoming meetings or receive CSC reports directly, you may want to subscribe to our announce list at https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/csc-announce . Any comments on our reporting to you is welcome.