[ICANN-CSC] CSC Quorate Rule Amendment

Lars-Johan Liman liman at netnod.se
Wed Sep 25 07:06:56 UTC 2019

Byron, All,

Late to the table, but only because of time zone differences.

I like your text, but ... as i always get myself lost in details ... is
there a need to address the preceding paragraph in 6.1.2?

      "For a decision to be taken it must be approved by at least 3
      Members present ..."

The number "3" doesn't mix well with "... one OR MORE vacancies ...".

I suggest amending your suggestion in 5.2 to read:

	"In the exceptional circumstance where there are one or more
	vacancies in the Members, the CSC meeting shall be quorate if
	all appointed Members are present. In these circumstances the
	3/4 majority rule in 6.1.2 is set aside and all decisions must
	be unanimous."

(Please find better words! I'm neither a lawyer nor a native English
speaker. ;-) )

... or, is this automatically taken care of by other words in the
existing text? Happy to stand corrected here.

				Cheers,
				  /Liman

byron.holland at cira.ca: