[ICANN-CSC] CSC Findings on PTI Performance January 2020

Maria Otanes maria.otanes at icann.org
Fri Feb 28 03:16:27 UTC 2020

Sent on behalf of the Chair of the CSC, Lars-Johan Liman.

------------------------------

Dear Community Members,

It’s my pleasure as chair of the Customer Standing Committee (CSC), to provide you our latest monthly findings on the performance of Public Technical Identifiers (PTI) over January 2020. I am pleased to inform you that the CSC has concluded that PTI’s overall performance over January 2020 was “Satisfactory” - PTI met the service level agreement at 98.5% for the month of January 2020. The missed Service Level was satisfactory explained and is subject to a CSC recommendation to introduce new measurements to create a more meaningful performance measurement for this process. The related PTI report to the CSC, listing the individual service level metrics along with their actual and historical performance, can be found at: https://www.iana.org/performance/csc-reports.

I’m also very pleased to provide you an update on the one outstanding SLA change – the ccTLD Creation/Transfer – Validation and Reviews: SLA amendments. In accordance with the SLA change process (https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/iana-naming-function-sla-amendment-process-28mar19-en.pdf ) the CSC has formally asked the ccNSO and GNSO Councils to agree to the amendment of the SLA. After both Councils support the change implementation work will start.  The SLA changes are explained in more detail in the CSC Findings report.

I am also pleased to inform you that the CSC and PTI have initiated a discussion on the possible scope of the role the CSC in the context of the IANA Naming Function Contract. This discussion will be continued.

As you may be aware the CSC was supposed to conduct an in person meeting during ICANN67 in Cancun and had scheduled meetings with the Board Technical Committee and IANA Function Review Team and would provide updates to the ccTLD Managers present and Registry Stakeholder Group. However, with the change of ICANN67 to a virtual meeting the CSC has cancelled its meeting during ICANN67. The next meeting will be at or around the regular meeting time.

The CSC regular meetings are scheduled on or around the 15th every month. The schedule can be found on the CSC website (https://www.icann.org/csc).  The CSC Findings report on the PTI performance is sent out shortly after that. CSC meetings are open to attend. If you would like to be informed of upcoming meetings or receive CSC reports directly, you may want to subscribe to our announce list at https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/csc-announce . Any comments on our reporting to you is welcome.

The CSC became effective October 1, 2016. Background information on the committee along with transcripts of our meetings and other useful information can be found athttps://www.icann.org/csc .

Kind regards,
Lars-Johan Liman
Chair CSC