[ICANN-CSC] CSC January teleconf cancelled.

Lars-Johan Liman liman at netnod.se
Fri Jan 10 12:06:36 UTC 2020

All,

TL;DR: meeting cancelled. Voting members need to vote on three matters
over e-mail.

1) Adopt PTI report (by Jan 15).
2) Approve CSC report (by Jan 15).
3) Approve changed ccTLD SLAs (by Jan 22).

Long version:

My best wishes for 2020!

In discussions with Brett and our support staff preparing for a teleconf
next week, we all realised that there are currently no pressing issues
for us to discuss, save the monthly CSC report and one more. In light of
this, Brett and I agreed to give some time back to you by cancelling the
teleconf and deal with these matters over e-mail instead.

The items that I suggest we deal with here are:

1) As the PTI reported excellent performance, and since we have kicked
   around the resulting CSC report on the list, I suggest you adopt (or
   not) the PTI report and show your support (or dissent) for the
   current version of the CSC report (appended) by saying so to the
   mailing list. If I receive full support for them from all voting
   members, I will deem consensus and publish our report. Please
   indicate your level of support to the list by COB Wednesday, 15
   Januari 2020.

2) Naela recently sent a very thorough document, "Service Levels for the
   ccTLD Creation and Transfer Process.pdf", as background for changing
   the SLAs. Thank you for that, Naela! We've discussed this at length
   in the past, but we now have a formal proposal that the CSC needs to
   approve. (This is action 02 on the action list.) Please indicate your
   level of support of the proposed changes to the mailing list by COB
   Wednesday, 22 Januari 2020.

   If there is substantial discussion, we'll save this item for the
   February meeting.

As a reminder, these are the standing items we usually have on our
agenda. If anyone has any questions or something to report, please do so
to the mailing list.

* PTI Performance December 2019
  a) PTI report to CSC
  b) CSC Findings PTI Performance

* SLA Amendments – Updates
  a) Formal approval SLA change creation and transfer ccTLDs
  b) Implementation planning

* IFRT Update

I also append my understanding of the current status of the action items
the last meeting.

I can report that I have been in contact with the Board Technical
Committee about meeting with them during ICANN 67 in Cancún. The
discussions are still ongoing, as we are trying to find the best forms
for such a meeting.

Our next teleconference is planned for Wednesday, 19 February 2020 at
18:00 UTC.

				Best regards,
				  /Liman
                                   CSC Chair