[ICANN-CSC] [Ext] Re: November 2021 IANA Naming Function Performance Report

Amy Creamer amy.creamer at iana.org
Wed Dec 8 23:47:25 UTC 2021

Hi Brett,

First I will note that there is a PR company that has sent several organizations to us for .int domains who do not qualify, including this organization. The organization in question wants IANA to reinterpret the requirements in a way that would allow them to get an .int. We have engaged them with over a dozen emails where we have plainly explained how and why they do not meet any of the 3 eligibility criteria we use to assess .int domains. During this time we also engaged an outside expert in international law who provided us with an analysis that also concluded they were ineligible. The applicant has most recently contacted the ICANN ombudsman asking them to override IANA’s assessment.

Regards,
Amy Creamer
Director of Operations
1-424-537-8917