[ICANN-CSC] For Approval: Comments on Initial report of 2nd CSC Effectiveness review

Frederico A C Neves fneves at registro.br
Wed Nov 9 18:47:29 UTC 2022

Brett,

On Wed, Nov 09, 2022 at 09:38:41AM +0000, Brett Carr via ICANN-CSC wrote:
> I have reviewed and this all looks good from my perspective. Thanks for putting this together Bart.

In general I agree but I struggle a little on understand how alternates
would solve the attendance problem without a more detailed description
of the recommendation on how it would work.

A simple description is that the new quorum would be 4 as a sum of
regular + alternates during a meeting. Would alternates have a voice
but not a vote in a "quored" meeting? Imho those are details that
needs to be defined before we can get to a conclusion and make a
statement regarding this matter.

More positions with possibly less involved, and I guess motivated,
members will be an extra problem. Being it for the filling of the
extra seats, as already pointed, or for the effectiveness of the
supervision that the committee performs.

> Brett

Fred