[IDN-WG] IDN WG meeting in Prague
edmon at isoc.hk
Mon Jun 25 18:14:08 UTC 2012
A friendly reminder for our scheduled meeting for the IDN WG in Prague:
Wed, 27 June 2012 - 15:00 - 16:00
Here is a brief proposed agenda:
1. Current / Recent Public Comment Periods
- IDN ccTLD Review
- VIP Project Plan
- Any other of relevance?
2. IDN gTLD Priority
- Should ALAC develop a statement in support of prioritizing IDN gTLD applications in the batching process?
3. ALAC IDN Position / Vision
- Basic premises: Multilingualism, diversity, access, etc.
- IDN gTLD and IDN ccTLD situation: market demand vs. user need (prioritization by policy vs. by market forces)
- IDN WHOIS (including IANA WHOIS) -- e.g. does not allow internationalized contact data
- Universal Acceptance of IDNs: ICANN's role and responsibilities
- AOC point 5. on IDN ccTLDs
- Recommendations, etc.
More information about the IDN-WG