[IDN-WG] Fwd: [Arabic-GP] [lgr] IDN TLD Program - Label Generation Ruleset (LGR) Tool Project (P1) - LGR Tool Set Specifications Now Open for Public Comment

Rinalia Abdul Rahim rinalia.abdulrahim at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 08:14:03 UTC 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Sarmad Hussain" <sarmad.hussain at icann.org>
Date: Dec 5, 2014 3:57 PM
Subject: [Arabic-GP] [lgr] IDN TLD Program - Label Generation Ruleset (LGR)
Tool Project (P1) - LGR Tool Set Specifications Now Open for Public Comment
To: "LGR at icann.org" <LGR at icann.org>, "vip at icann.org" <vip at icann.org>

Dear All,

(Sorry for any duplication due to cross-posting)

Please find below the announcement requesting feedback from the community
on the specifications for a tool to create, use and manage an LGR in the
machine-readable XML format, which is the format for the submission of LGR
proposals by the Generation Panels working on various scripts and writing
systems.

Before ICANN undertakes the development of the tool, we want to get
feedback from the community on whether these requirements and their
prioritization meet the needs of the community.

Kindly do let us know your feedback.  We will finalize the requirements of
the LGR Tool based on the feedback received from the community, before we
proceed towards its development.

Regards,

Sarmad

(LGR) Tool Project (P1) - LGR Tool Set Specifications Now Open for Public
Comment

[image: Image removed by sender. ICANN] <http://www.icann.org/>
News Alert

https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-12-03-en
------------------------------
IDN TLD Program – Label Generation Ruleset (LGR) Tool Project (P1) – LGR
Tool Set Specifications Now Open for Public Comment

*Forum Announcement:*

Comment Period Opens on

*Date:*

*Categories/Tags:*

Internationalized Domain Names (IDN), IDN Variant TLD, new gTLD, Label
Generation Ruleset (LGR), Generation Panels, IDN ccTLD, Language Tables

*Purpose (Brief):*

ICANN intends to develop a tool to allow the Generation Panels and the
community to develop and use Label Generation Ruleset (LGR) in the new
machine-readable XML-based format. ICANN is releasing the set of
requirements for the development of this LGR tool for public comment,
specifically to get feedback on (i) the completeness of current
requirements, (ii) the prioritization done in the different phases for
development of the tool, and (iii) any other aspects associated with the
LGR tool requirements.

*Public Comment Box Link:*

https://www.icann.org/public-comments/idn-lgr-2014-12-03-en

This message was sent to sarmad.hussain at icann.org from:

ICANN News Alert | communications at icann.org | ICANN | 12025 Waterfront
Drive Suite 300 | Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536

Email Marketing by [image: Image removed by sender. iContact - Try It Free!]
<http://www.icontact.com/a.pl/144186>

*Manage Your Subscription *
<http://app.icontact.com/icp/mmail-mprofile.pl?r=27296433&l=6333&s=95OV&m=953819&c=165637>[image:
Image removed by sender.]