[IDN-WG] Are Emojis a pile of poo for the DNS?

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Mon Mar 13 17:38:39 UTC 2017

Dear Satish,

thanks for your kind follow-up. You are absolutely correct. But big
corporations like Google, Microsoft, Samsung, Apple, appear to be seeing
this as another potential huge market --- seeing that this has all
originated from Japan and is huge there. This is a considerable
commercial pressure.
As ICANN prides itself as being private sector led, I wonder whether the
pressure will be high enough to formalise these in the IDN LGRs?
Kindest regards,

Olivier