[IDN-WG] Single character TLDs?

Edmon edmon at isoc.hk
Tue Nov 13 10:33:24 UTC 2018

Since IDNA 2008, we have generally left that type of folding to application layer.
Perhaps it may be useful to talk about a best practice approach to this?...
There is of course the different types of dots (e.g. used in CJK, etc.) which were in IDNA 2003 and deprecated in IDNA 2008.
In the risk of conflating the issue, we should also work on IDN Variants for that matter (presentation layer etc.) and perhaps its implications (or usefulness or lack thereof) for mailbox names too.
These all appear to be relevant for the scope of UA... because without which the motivation for full UA deployment maybe hindered I think.

Edmon