[IDN-WG] Fwd: [UA-Measurement] Independent evaluation work in LAC starting

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 11 22:13:48 UTC 2019

Hi all.
I have received this message that puzzles me a bit.
How come there has been no information in our WG about this LACRALO initiative?
Thanks,
Roberto

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Mark W. Datysgeld" <mark at governanceprimer.com<mailto:mark at governanceprimer.com>>
Subject: [UA-Measurement] Independent evaluation work in LAC starting
Date: 11. July 2019 at 01:17:25 CEST
To: "ua-measurement at icann.org<mailto:ua-measurement at icann.org>" <ua-measurement at icann.org<mailto:ua-measurement at icann.org>>

Hello everyone,

an independent IDNs study group was assembled within ALAC-LACRALO. They showed excitement for multilingualism when I first presented it at LAC DNS Forum last year, and are now moving into working on the subject.

Their initial aim is to perform regional evaluations for e-mail acceptance in top local websites of different LAC countries, like the one my team did in Brazil last year (attached).

My key concern is that, as we galvanize UA, interest in these smaller studies will grow, and there is a need to keep all that information useful and accessible.

There are two priorities I am currently working on:

1) Creating a 1-page document describing which websites are supposed to be tested and how people should do it. We have followed some guidelines excluding malware domains but not discriminating websites due to their content, for example.

2) In anticipation of the global e-mail tests report that I hope will be released this week, I think any measurement report moving forward should follow an appropriate metadata schema that allows us to aggregate data over the years and across all regions. I am including a copy of the one we developed attached to this e-mail (it is an excerpt from the full report).

I would appreciate any information on how this collides with any preexisting UA documents, as well as people or teams that are potentially working in parallel in similar matters, and so on. I think it's vital to be proactive at this early stage.

Regards,
--
Mark W. Datysgeld from Governance Primer [www.markwd.website<http://www.markwd.website>]
Representing businesses in IG together with AR-TARC and ABES