[Idngwg] IDN Implementation Guidelines WG meeting 18 Nov 2015

Wael Nasr wael at comdots.co
Tue Nov 24 09:58:38 UTC 2015

Dear All
I was not in the meeting due to an urgent commitment.
I read the minutes. I think we should take into consideration interaction
with local regulatory authorities in what we do. In my experience working
on a few IDN TLD projects, coordination with local authorities such as TRAs
and Ministries of industries or Internet authorities is key to the progress
of IDN.

Examples of what be done :
1- Giving potential applicants clear instructions on what approvals
    are required from their respective governments.
2- formulating a partnership or an understanding with all local authorires
    in the key IDN markets
3- ....etc

wael

Wael

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 7:55 PM, Sarmad Hussain via Idngwg <idngwg at icann.org
> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Please find attached the minutes of the meeting on 18 Nov. for your review
> and feedback (in case I missed some point).
>
> The same have been posted on our WG wiki (along with the call recording).
> See:
> *https://community.icann.org/display/IDN/IDN+implementation+Guideline*
> <https://community.icann.org/display/IDN/IDN+implementation+Guideline>.
>
> A list of relevant documents has been started on this WG wiki as well.
> Please feel free to go and edit/add information on it.
>
> The Action Items from the meeting are posted below.  For AI3, the
> suggested time for regular meetings is* Wednesdays 11am UTC.*
>
> S.No.   Action  Owner
> 1      * Staff (and other members) to develop a list of relevant
> documents on the WG wiki.  Staff to identify areas in these documents where
> reference to IDNs is made.  Staff; All WG members  *
> 2      * The members to contribute items and issues to the mailing list.
> All are encouraged to share as many items as possible.         All WG
> members *
> 3      * Those not attending the meeting to let staff know if the current
> time/day does not work**.**        WG members who could not attend the
> call on 11 Nov.    *
>
> Regards,
> Sarmad
>
> <<...>>