[Idngwg] Suggestions for items for discussion

Wael Nasr wael at comdots.co
Tue Nov 24 11:44:44 UTC 2015

Dear All
I think another very important issue also is the contention rules in IDN
such as Arabic . Not 100% sure if this belongs to this group . there is a
serious concern regarding the answer to the question :

will icann allow "hotel" "hotels" and thehotel and myhotel to be applied
for and operated as separate TLDs.

I am prepared to spend time with the right subgroup to develop suggested
rules particularly when this is not a trivial issue in Arabic...there could
be 10 or more strings that are confusingly similar in Arabic with
confusingly similar meaning etc .

This might belong to the language rather than a guidelines group.

Please advise ?
wael

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 2:36 PM, Sarmad Hussain via Idngwg <idngwg at icann.org

Wael Nasr