[Idngwg] Draft document initial version

Sarmad Hussain sarmad.hussain at icann.org
Wed May 4 18:00:06 UTC 2016

Dear IDNGWG members,

Please find attached the an initial version of the document derived from the
issues list and follow our discussion in the previous conf. call (see action
items in the email below).  I have divided "Terminology and Transition" to
two sections and added a place holder for EPP, as raised by the community,
totaling to eight items - for the WG to finalize.

I have also gone through the earlier version 3.0 of these guidelines and
added the recommendations from it in the relevant sections (all nine have
been mapped) - shown in italics - as a reference starting point.

Finally, I have added the terminology we are identifying in the appendix of
this document.  This list will grow over time, and we will also need to
finalize the definitions for each term.

The recommendation section against issue is left blank for the WG to discuss
and advise.

Please feel free to share your feedback to develop the document further.

Looking forward to your call tomorrow (Thursday).

Regards,
Sarmad