[Idngwg] Meeting notes from 22 September

Sarmad Hussain sarmad.hussain at icann.org
Tue Oct 4 01:32:35 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find attached the summary of our meeting on 22 September 2016.
Please let me know in case of any changes.

Kindly note that we would like to switch to a weekly call schedule for
October 2016, if it is convenient for the members, to close some of the
discussions and plan for ICANN57.  Please let us know if you have any
feedback.

We have the following action items:

S. No.

Action Items

Owner

1

Review second part of recommendation 7 in Section 2.3 to finalize it, making
necessary changes in first sentence and breaking the recommendation into
separate parts for subsequent and legacy implementations.

KF

2

Finalize the Revised new recommendation re:LGR in Section 2.4 per the
discussion on need for registries to explain deviation but not requiring
them to do so.

EC

3

>From previous meeting: For the new recommendation on registry collaboration
at the end of Section 2.4., update to include script based tables, e.g. by
introducing reference to RFC 5646 for language/script tags.

MT

4

Start ICANN 57 preparations during the next call and over the mailing list;
check if possible to meet on weekly basis during October for this purpose.

SH

The attached notes and the recording of the meeting will soon be available
at the IDNGWG wiki page at
https://community.icann.org/display/IDN/IDN+Implementation+Guidelines.

Next meeting will be on 6 October, 11am UTC.

Regards,

Sarmad