[Idngwg] Summary of meeting on 2 Feb. 2017

Sarmad Hussain sarmad.hussain at icann.org
Sat Feb 4 09:49:47 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find attached the summary of the meeting of the WG on 2 Feb.  Please
let me know if there are any changes or suggestions.

The meeting has the following AIs:

S. No.

Action Items

Owner

1

Update recommendation on Harmonization of variant rules by (i) changing
"will" to "must", etc. according to RFC 2119, and (ii) updating it to note
how registries could use the existing work by ICANN community to implement
these guidelines, by referring to root zone LGR and other relevant work.

DT

The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday 9 Feb. 2017 11am UTC. We will
continue following a weekly meeting schedule.

The attached notes of the meeting and the recording of the meeting are
available at the IDNGWG wiki page at
https://community.icann.org/display/IDN/IDN+Implementation+Guidelines[commun
ity.icann.org]
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_di
splay_IDN_IDN-26-2343-3BImplementation-26-2343-3BGuidelines&d=DgMGaQ&c=FmY1u
3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=KTETvEaGPwPcawI-QmNa-kiv-ZBvdgyyLm-
mxd028M4&m=iHyLVWg5XYYYMyRqhLrWLRT-0Iuh0o5-T_cl8G4x7nY&s=_HPo9va0P1o27gRKByc
MzrAZTgn8xXAy86zJg9CEjjI&e=> .

Regards,
Sarmad