[Idngwg] Summary of IDNGWG meeting on 14 September 2017

Tan Tanaka, Dennis dtantanaka at verisign.com
Thu Sep 21 13:13:02 UTC 2017

Based on today’s input, this is a slightly revised version of the proposed guideline

TLD Registries may activate an IDN Variant Label, provided that i) such IDN Variant Label is requested by the same registrant or corresponding registrar as the Primary IDN Label, ii) such IDN Variant Label is registered to the registrant of the Primary IDN Label, and iii) such IDN Variant Label conforms with the registry policy and IDN Tables. In exceptional cases, where a language and/or script have established conventions, a TLD Registry may automatically activate an IDN Variant Label at its discretion. In such cases, the TLD Registry must ensure that only the necessary IDN Variant Labels are automatically activated and the number of such labels remains as small as possible.

-Dennis