Input to Expert Working Group on gTLD Directory Services LegitScript Comments on EWG Proposal

John Horton john.horton at legitscript.com
Fri Aug 23 13:55:42 UTC 2013

Dear Mr. Baril and the Members of the Expert Working Group on gTLD
Directory Services:

LegitScript appreciates the important work of the Expert Working Group to
address policy issues pertaining to WHOIS. Thank you for the opportunity to
submit our comments and suggestions.

Our full comments are attached in a PDF file, and are intended to do two
things: first, to explain our objections to the proposal, and second, to
offer alternate suggestions about how to achieve the EWG's mission and
improve both the accuracy of and access to WHOIS records.

Thank you again for the opportunity to submit the attached comments and
suggestions. LegitScript would be happy to discuss our concerns and
suggestions further with any member of the EWG or stakeholder community.

Yours Truly,

John Horton
President, LegitScript