Input to Expert Working Group on gTLD Directory Services Let's make sure we strike a balance

Tom Barrett tbarrett at encirca.com
Fri Sep 6 14:45:53 UTC 2013

Regarding the Next Generation gTLD Directory Services Model:

I recognize the needs of law enforcement and trademark attorneys for
accurate Whois data.  A centralized Whois directory will certainly
facilitate these needs.

However, I feel it should be balanced with the rights of Registrants.  These
rights are not just limited to the right of Privacy, especially for
non-commercial use.

But also the right to be informed when their personal data is being accessed
by third parties, regardless of the reason.

Best regards,

Thomas Barrett

EnCirca, Inc.  - President

400 West Cummings Park, #1725