[Internal-cg] Mailing list behaviour

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Mon Aug 4 09:41:11 UTC 2014

On 4 aug 2014, at 10:00, Subrenat, Jean-Jacques <jjs at dyalog.net> wrote:

> My take-aways is this:
> - we should observe the rule you suggested of not adding cc: directly ON our list, nor in reverse.
> - While attracting the attention of CG members to the points you made (thank you Patrik), we have to accept that certain representatives have obligations towards their community, employer or principal, provided this is done on their SEPARATE lists, and by exercising due judgment.

I might misunderstand you, but I am not against passing on what we say on this list. The contrary!

The list archives are available and I know many people follow us closely. Including GNSO, ALAC members and more -- because I get privately questions from them. But just because the material on this list is available elsewhere I just think the parties communicating on this list should as much as possible be participants on this mailing list (only). We should not have this list as "the communication medium other parties use".

We should have _other_ well functioning communication mechanisms for parties to contact us.

   Patrik