[Internal-cg] Chair structure.

Kavouss Arasteh kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 15:31:14 UTC 2014

Dear Colleagues

Please do not be emotional nor surprised We need to do the job properly

I agree with Milton that ICG is not  the basic drafter or developer of the
IANA transition proposals..

However, we really want  the  proper representation of regional variations
or "citizenships" in  the process transition .I do not know how one could
judge that we are not focusing  on getting people from various regions and
"citizenships" involved in proposal development..

We are committed to do so.

We need to properly address  who should be in the leadership of the Group
and how different people should react in full neutrality and impartiality .

I do not understand why some people are so sensitive about the formal
disclosure of their nationality and affiliation.

We need to avoid any individual influences the process

We need to avoid that any one member of ICG dominate the process

I do not see any tendency here to develop positions on ICG issues among
ourselves

Certainly we are looking toward to build consensus but when we hear an
adjective like soft and hard or rough before consensus we ask ourselves
that we have already following certain avenue or proposing certain approach
not commonly recognized by multistake community such rough consensus in
which the chair is given the authority to judge when he or she would stop
further action to build full consensus.

I also do not see very useful to have three persons as called co-chairs

What is the problem of regional representation *having* one chair and four
vice chairs representing four ICANN geographic regions, except the region
from which the chair comes from?

I am also not comfortable to decide something in a definitive manner before
the full ICG meets in Istanbul

One chair and four vice chairs forming a team “management Team “is an
approach that has worked well without any major deficiency

Let us work with each other .Let us understand each other and pursue one
single objective that is an open ,transparent, unbiased, democratic, process

Regards

K.A