[Internal-cg] Charter commenting - ALAC Comments ( Updated Charter Draft )

Jari Arkko jari.arkko at piuha.net
Fri Aug 8 22:20:06 UTC 2014

Mohamed,

(My personal opinion only.)

Thank you for the feedback and ALAC’s close attention on this topic. It is very important.

However, I agree with what Milton had said about this. I’ll also observe that the text that we had developed in July included many aspects that were important to the different stakeholders. Accountability for Milton, me and others. Independence of the communities and explicitly saying the ICG will not develop proposals was important for many of us in the IETF and RIR communities. And so on. It is difficult to produce a large rewrite of the charter without losing some of these aspects. And I think the new text loses some of these now.

May I propose that a constructive way forward would be for all of us to highlight “major objections” as the announcement page says. In other words, could you give us an issue to look at, rather than the solution (ready-made text) that you think solves that issue?

Jari