[Internal-cg] Consensus building process

WUKnoben wolf-ulrich.knoben at t-online.de
Mon Aug 11 06:09:34 UTC 2014

Thanks Kavouss, your comments to “another person” – I guess it’s me and I would appreciate you calling me with my name – are welcome.

To avoid misunderstandings: with the proposal put forward - which is based on agreed GNSO procedures - I gave an example how decisions are taken there. I think some elements could be used for the ICG process and I’d be happy you and others would contribute to with your verbal and written suggestions.

The chair’s designation that consensus is reached is not her/his own decision rather than a wrap-up of extensive discussions. Of course this designation can be challenged by members. And this is what triggers your question about “If several participants in the ICG disagree with the designation given ...”. I’m open to any helpful suggestion on how we could procede in such a case.
In the end consensus - as defined – has to be achieved.

Best regards

Wolf-Ulrich