[Internal-cg] Important: GAC Participation in ICG

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Aug 19 20:36:41 UTC 2014

Heather:
Thanks for your reassuring reply. So this statement corresponds to my and I think most other people's on the ICG understanding:

In terms of the domain names piece, the cross-community working group on the IANA stewardship transition (initiated by some of the Supporting Organisations and Advisory Committees at ICANN), seems like a good avenue for the GAC to provide inputs and contribute to the community effort.

This is definitely something to take into account:

further thinking about how to ensure inclusivity is probably warranted - especially if you would like to minimize the late-stage interventions that you describe.

Milton L Mueller
Laura J and L. Douglas Meredith Professor
http://faculty.ischool.syr.edu/mueller/