[Internal-cg] ICG Secretariat Round #2

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Fri Aug 22 06:30:27 UTC 2014

On 22 aug 2014, at 06:49, Paul Wilson <pwilson at apnic.net> wrote:

> I feel the need for a recap after the last call.
>
> My understanding is that we will use ICANN’s standard procurement practices to seek secretariat candidates based on the requires established, and once selected, the secretariat will report directly to the ICG, and only to the ICG, in doing its work.
>
> I assume that in this case the selection decision will be made by the ICG (and the ICG alone), from the responses received.  Delegation to a subcommittee of the ICG would seem an obvious approach, which I would support.
>
> But can we confirm this please.

Let me ask for a clarification. When you say "from the responses received" I presume you imply "from the responses that pass the base criteria ICANN procurement process sets"?

I.e. the steps should be as follows (and in many cases "ICG" is in reality "subgroup of ICG", and all ICANN actions below is while keeping ICG, or subgroup of ICG informed:

ICG creates a requirements document (the document Adiel is working on)

ICANN creates an RFP based on this ICG paper

A set of responses are gathered by ICANN

ICANN filter out the ones that do not fulfil base requirements

ICG do select the secretariat

Secretariat reports to ICG

   Patrik