[Internal-cg] Please review: proposal finalization process

Alissa Cooper alissa at cooperw.in
Tue Dec 9 22:32:27 UTC 2014

Hi Joe,

Couple of questions below.

On Dec 9, 2014, at 8:41 AM, joseph alhadeff <joseph.alhadeff at oracle.com> wrote:

> Colleagues as I may not be able to make the call, I wanted to provide some high level observations and minor proposed edits (attached in redline in the document):
>
> ·         (1a 2nd bullet)Whether input/comments the ICG received directly that were shared with the operational community were considered/addressed.
>
> ·         (Para 2) According to the ICG Charter, its role is not to draft a single transition proposal, but rather to assemble a proposal from component proposals.  These components are notexpected to be uniform [j1] as they relate to the specific IANA functions which are of interest to each operational community.
>
> ·         (2a) Compatibility and interoperability: Do the proposals work together in a single unified proposal? Do they suggest any arrangements that are not compatible with each other? Is the handling of all possibly conflicting overlaps[j2]  between the functions resolved in a workable manner?
>
> ·         (2b) comment from previous round: Do we add a cross reference to overall accountability work here: Proposal Do any of the changes proposed in the relevant stream of ICANN accountability work negatively impact any of the operations com unity accountability functions outlined in the unified proposal?

Milton had asked you to clarify what you mean by “operations community accountability functions.” I am also having trouble understanding what you mean with your suggestion here, or what is not already covered by the fact that we are already asking "Do the proposals together include appropriate and properly supported independent accountability mechanisms for running the IANA function?"

> ·         (2c) I think the RFP called for a description of appropriate testing, therefore it should be part of the submission.  How its described is not the issue, that its described and sufficient is.
>
> ·         General Question.  Do we have a general comment process for a proposal that is going through step 1, or just a process who don’t think their comments were taken on board.

What do you mean by a “general comment process”?

Thanks,
Alissa