[Internal-cg] Proposal finalization process v4

Daniel Karrenberg daniel.karrenberg at ripe.net
Wed Dec 10 10:54:32 UTC 2014

On 10.12.14 11:37 , Adiel Akplogan wrote:
> “The ICANN Board will send the final proposal to NTIA without making any changes within 14 days of receiving the proposal from the ICG. Any accompanying letter and ICANN own assessment of the proposal will [shall] be posted publicly.
>
> While we don’t want to say what ICANN should do, I think we need recognise that they can make their own assessment of the final proposal (even if step (d) provides room for clearing any issue). We want that final assessment (which may not be part of the accompanying letter) to be published.

How about "The ICANN board has statet that it will send .... and that it
will publish any accompanying communications at that time."

That way we do not tell ICANN what to do and we still have our
expectations documented.

For d) we can be a bit more presumptive, e.g.:

"The ICG expects that the ICANN board will participate in the available
.... together with the other parts of the community in order to prevent
any last minute contention."