[Internal-cg] Publication of proposal finalization process

Manal Ismail manal at tra.gov.eg
Wed Dec 17 10:10:30 UTC 2014

Many thanks Alissa ..

I don't have comments on the proposal finalization process (PFP) itself
and I support publishing the document..

Yet I have to say that it is not a straight forward task to cross-check
it with the posted timeline ..

The steps are not one-to-one in both documents .. Yet this is not a big
deal, as ultimately due dates and deliverables seem to be consistent ..

But I would like to highlight the following:

1. Step 4 of the timeline, I believe gives more weight to the testing
than what was discussed and reflected in step II.C. of the PFP

2. Step 7 of the timeline, mentions that "the ICG formally submits the
final proposal to NTIA." , which is contrary to what was agreed and
reflected in Step V.A. of the PFP: "The ICG will post the final proposal
on its public web site and transmit it to the ICANN Board."

3. Step 8 of the timeline starts with "The NTIA reviews and accepts the
response." .. I think we should not be speaking on behalf of the NTIA
and pre-empt its acceptance of the proposal ..

I don't suggest to make any changes to the PFP but suggest to review and
post a fine-tuned version of our timeline, focusing mainly on the
structure and language of the document in relation to the PFP ..

Appreciate your thoughts?

Kind Regards
--Manal