[Internal-cg] Rép: Re: Naming the group was RE: scheduling meetings

Daniel Karrenberg daniel.karrenberg at ripe.net
Tue Jul 15 19:25:51 UTC 2014

On 15.07.14 21:01 , WUKnoben wrote:
> All,
>
> having initiated the group naming debate I've put together a short list
> of suggestions, see attached.
>
> We should be able to finalize this in London.
>
> Best regards
>
> Wolf-Ulrich

Wolf-Ulrich,

OK I have resisted this far to add anything more to this discussion; but
an excel spreadsheet makes it just too official. I hereby formally state
that ICOBS was a *joke*. Apparently my reference to "Sunday afternoon
humour" was not explicit enough.

If you insist on a serious contribution from me, make it

ICBG: IANA Consensus Building Group.

In the long Internet governance tradition of four letter acronyms this
one has not been used for anything prominent according to both my own
memory and the search engines. The only real prominent use I could find
has to do with biodiversity.  This strikes me as a good pun considering
the composition of our group.

Now that my entry is in the hat, may I suggest that we focus on content
and choose our name by lucky draw? <--- quite serious remark

Bis die Tage

Daniel