[Internal-cg] scope language

Paul Wilson pwilson at apnic.net
Thu Jul 17 13:01:26 UTC 2014

Just for the record my own suggestion was along the lines of:

“determining arrangements which will be be sufficient and necessary for the continuance of IANA functions, after the expiry of the NTIA-ICANN contract”

these could include arrangements for accountability, but there are other aspects which are practical, logistical, contractual etc which I think are certainly part of the scope.

My concern with focus on accountability gaps is both because I think it is too narrow and also because if that is indeed the focus, there will be confusion about the respective roles of these two parallel exercises.

Paul.