[Internal-cg] Co-chair roles document for comment

Mary Uduma mnuduma at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 20 22:45:22 UTC 2014

All,

I have been in transit and have not been following the exchanges. I have finally gotten home in Abuja.  I hope everyone is home save for those taking their hols.

Thank you Joe for the elaborate work you have done on the role processes and responsibilities of the Co-chairs.

In my opinion,  I would ask the ICG to rethink on the  issue of co-chairs.  I think we need only a Chairperson to fast-rack our work. It is always very challenging to row the  boat smoothly when there are several captains. Moreover, ICG is not a permanent Group.

We should cut down on bureaucracies of selecting three co-chairs with all the attendant "balancing"  that must be considered in the process.

Looking back at 17-18 July meeting, you will agree with me that it was smooth, focused and well steered.

I will urge us to select a capable chair who can always call for volunteer leads on  theme(s) and other adhoc task(s}.

My thoughts.

Mary Uduma