[Internal-cg] Appointment of Alissa Cooper as chair of ICG

Russ Mundy mundy at tislabs.com
Fri Jul 25 15:09:52 UTC 2014

Patrik - Thanks for taking the initiative on this important issue.

Colleagues:

I'm in agreement with Joe's earlier mail that Alissa was selected as the interim Chair until we (the ICG) reached consensus on the leadership structure we're going to use.

My understanding of this initiative is that, based on the ICG decision at our London meeting coupled with the strong, consistent support on our mail list discussions for Alissa being appointed 'a Chair' (perhaps, one of several), the initiative provides a process for how we can finalize the selection of Alissa as 'a Chair' of the ICG.

I propose that we follow the process laid out by Patrik earlier today with one modification, i.e., Alissa will be selected as "a Chair" of the ICG (rather than "the chair").  If there are no objections to Alissa being appointed 'a Chair' posted to the list by 1800 UTC on Monday July 28, we will then have completed our first important consensus decision in our leadership selection efforts.

I believe the form that Alissa posted this morning is a good approach for the next step in reaching consensus on our ICG leadership.

Russ