[Internal-cg] Room availability for Sept meeting

Drazek, Keith kdrazek at verisign.com
Mon Jul 28 16:00:02 UTC 2014

Sounds good, thanks Alyssa. I could do September 6 if the logistics work out.

-----Original Message-----
From: internal-cg-bounces at icann.org [mailto:internal-cg-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Alissa Cooper
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2014 11:56 AM
To: Alissa Cooper; ICG Internal
Subject: Re: [Internal-cg] Room availability for Sept meeting
Importance: High

I just got word that we should know for sure about Sept 6 room availability by tomorrow, and that it’s looking likely that a room will be available. So let’s table this discussion until tomorrow unless anyone feels like they absolutely cannot wait one more day.


On 7/28/14, 8:30 AM, "Alissa Cooper" <alissa at cooperw.in> wrote:

>The ICANN staff has been busily trying to find a place for us to meet 
>in Istanbul, and this is proving rather difficult.
>Currently, the only day when there is both a room available in which we 
>can meet and when the translation service is available is Friday, 
>September 5, which is the last day of the IGF. The ICANN staff are 
>still investigating possibilities for September 6, but there are public 
>holidays in Turkey this week, which means it may take a few more days 
>before we have any more information about room availability for 
>September 6. (On Sept 1 there is room availability but the translation 
>service is not available — I do not think we can meet without 
>translation, but if you disagree, please say so.)
>At this point I think we have three options:
>1. Decide that we will not meet in Istanbul.
>With this option, people who need to urgently make travel arrangements 
>for the IGF can do so immediately. The ICANN staff is still checking on 
>room availability in Los Angeles around the ICANN 51 meeting time, so 
>we could aim to schedule our next face-to-face meeting around ICANN 51 
>by the end of this week or early next week (and perhaps schedule a 
>couple of conference calls between now and then as well). We could also 
>try to put together an informal “get to know each other” gathering in 
>Istanbul even if we don’t meet formally.
>2. Decide that we will meet on September 5.
>Some ICG participants will certainly have conflicts at various points 
>during the day on September 5, but we could meet anyway, or perhaps 
>meet for part of the day. There is a plenary session about IANA on the 
>IGF schedule from 9:30 to 11:00 that day; we could plan to meet from 
>11:30 to 18:00, for example. I have also reached out to a contact 
>involved with the IGF organizing to see if that IANA session could be 
>moved to a different day so that the ICG could meet for the full day, 
>and she is checking on that. Note: The room that is available to us on 
>September 5 is near the IGF venue (it’s at the Grand Hyatt), but not at 
>the IGF venue, so people transferring back and forth between the two 
>venues will need a little bit of time to do that.
>3. Wait until we get more information about September 6 to decide.
>Hopefully by the end of this week we will know more about room 
>availability on September 6, so we could wait for that information 
>before deciding.
>What are your thoughts about how to proceed? Do people have drop-dead 
>dates by which they absolutely must book their travel?
>Internal-cg mailing list
>Internal-cg at icann.org

Internal-cg mailing list
Internal-cg at icann.org

More information about the Internal-cg mailing list