[Internal-cg] Proposal finalization process v3

Paul Wilson pwilson at apnic.net
Mon Nov 10 00:58:26 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I’ve proposed a bunch of edits to this document, attached, and also in dropbox here:

   https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvemyk00s5l86w9/proposal-finalization-process-v3-pw.docx?dl=0

Some of these changes reflect my understanding of the timeline, as shown in the Excel file here:

   https://www.dropbox.com/s/07zp3xlgx2uvwcs/TimelineDiscussion-v7.docx?dl=0

In particular this timeline show the release of a draft proposal in March, and a final proposal in June; so I’ve added these extra steps to the process.

Also, please note I’ve proposed a few substantial additional steps in this process:

- A public call for comments on the community proposal development processes (deadline 31 Jan 2015);  this will allow us to formally gather remaining concerns, or statements of support for the processes which produced community proposals.

- A specific provision for ICG consultation with communities and other stakeholders during assessment of the first draft proposal.

- Incorporating the ICANN meetings in February and June 2015 into the process as opportunities for (in Feb) communities to present their proposals to the ICANN audience, and then (in June) ICG to present the final transition proposal.

- Presentation of the final proposal to the ICANN board, during a meeting with them; rather than mere “transmission” to them.

I’ve highlighted these additions in yellow, to distinguish them from other edits.

(and these are open to discussion of course).

Thanks,

Paul.