[Internal-cg] ICG FAQ ..

Narelle Clark narelle.clark at accan.org.au
Fri Oct 3 00:56:29 UTC 2014

Like I said, I am not wed to the inclusion of the question re invocation of power. As they say, I was merely flying a kite as it is a question I have been frequently receiving.

To the latter question, that surely is up to the communities to propose and decide.

And a good question, indeed.

> In regard with his second comment, I am not sure that we should limit
> ourselcves to say  about who were are; what we do; how to respond to our RFP;
> the respective roles of the ICG, operational communities, USG; how people can
> get involved in any of those activities.
> I do not see any problem if we could provide information on IANA, the IANA
> transition, and ICANN accountability

I agree they are questions people need and want answers to. Whether we should be the ones to provide them is subject to how much time we have as it can be a long diversion...

The risk is that it dilutes our credibility as impartial coordinators of the community finding its own answers.

Best regards

Narelle

--

Narelle Clark
Director of Operations - Deputy CEO

Suite 4.02 Level 4
55 Mountain St
Ultimo NSW 2007 Australia

Follow us on twitter @ACCAN_AU
Sign up for our weekly WebNews
Visit our website

The information contained in or attached to this message is intended only
for the people it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient,
any use, disclosure or copying of this information is unauthorised and
prohibited. This information may be confidential or subject to legal
privilege. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the e-mail and any attachments. The Australian
Communications Consumer Action Network does not warrant
that the information in this e-mail or any attachments are free from any
viruses, defects, errors, interception or interference.