[Internal-cg] Revised Text on Question about ICG and ICANN board

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Oct 21 16:02:41 UTC 2014

What? Legally, we can say anything we like. There are no legal restrictions on speech applicable here.
The assertion that the board is not authorized to change our recommendations is NOT the same thing as asserting that our charter legally constrains the board of ICANN. That of course would be ridiculous.

We are simply stating that neither the community nor the NTIA nor anything else has authorized ICANN to amend our proposal.