[Internal-cg] worth noting

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Mon Sep 29 13:25:15 UTC 2014

A complaint has been filed against the names community's working group.
http://forum.icann.org/lists/icg-forum/msg00011.html

Alissa made some similar comments on the IETF ianaplan list. Although I have publicly explained why they set it up that way, frankly I find the CWG Structure hard to defend. I wonder whether others more closely involved with the IANA CWG chartering process could explain whether it is possible to make some amendments. The group is slow enough to form as it is, I tremble at the thought of amendments that would lead to further delays, but it might actually save time if it prevents challenges to its legitimacy further down the road.

Milton L. Mueller
Laura J. and L. Douglas Meredith Professor
http://faculty.ischool.syr.edu/mueller/mueller/Home.html