[Internal-cg] Two possible responses to two possible questions

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Sat Feb 7 05:52:17 UTC 2015

DOES THE ICG THINK THAT THERE IS A REALISTIC CHANCE TO REACH THE original TARGET DATE?

Yes, for the numbers and protocol parameters proposals, this is a realistic possibility

HAS THE ICG REVISED ITS  TIMELINE?

The need of the names CWG for additional time means that the ICG cannot hit its original target for all three proposals, but aside from that our plans are unchanged. Expect result 6 months after we receive the response from the CWG. Once the ICG receives the CWG proposal, we will look for any opportunities to accelerate our work while ensuring a predictable process and the necessary public consultations.

Milton L Mueller
Laura J. and L. Douglas Meredith Professor
http://faculty.ischool.syr.edu/mueller/
Internet Governance Project
http://internetgovernance.org<http://internetgovernance.org/>