[Internal-cg] Step 2 assessment

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Feb 17 15:10:27 UTC 2015

Alissa:
You have provided a good framework for continuing work on the proposals.

I agree that we have completed step A (compatibility and interop) for the numbers and protocols proposals.

IETF's IANAPLAN WG seems to have come very close to a consensus that "the IETF Trust [is] an acceptable candidate for holding the trademark and domain" and that "The IETF would support a decision by the IETF Trust to hold the IANA mark, and iana.org domain in behalf of the Internet community" so it appears likely that we will not have any incompatibility to worry about.

I think it is appropriate for us to begin to consider B (accountability) and C (workability). I have some thoughts on B that I will try to convey to the list before the Feb 19th call, which I am not sure I can make.

--MM