[Internal-cg] IETF response to ICG

Jari Arkko jari.arkko at piuha.net
Tue Jan 6 17:25:37 UTC 2015

Dear all,

As you know, the IETF has been working on the protocol parameters
aspects of the transition. We created the IANAPLAN working group,
developed a proposed response, and held community discussions.
And of course, there has been a lot of past evolution in this space
as well.

This part of the process is coming to an end from our side. Our
steering group, the IESG, approved the proposed response on
December 18, and after some minor editorial changes, the
document has been formally approved today, January 6.

The link to our proposal is below, and we look forward to working
with the ICG and other communities on the next steps. We are
committed to ensuring a good outcome for the Internet in
this topic.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response-09

Jari Arkko