[Internal-cg] IETF response to ICG

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Fri Jan 9 14:58:15 UTC 2015

I find myself in the middle ground on this discussion.

I don't think it is appropriate for people who were actively engaged in developing a proposal, and who come only from the affected operational community, to be the ONLY ones evaluating it for the ICG as a whole. That lack of objectivity will not have the legitimacy we need.

On the other hand, I think it is important for someone who understands how the proposal evolved and why certain decisions were made to be present during the evaluation. So I would call for both types of parties to play a role in the initial evaluation, rather than excluding one or the other.

--MM