[Internal-cg] RFP, CCWG-Accountability, and timeline

Kavouss Arasteh kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 08:26:18 UTC 2015

Alissa

Thankj you very much for that  explanation

However, I draw your attention to the part of the CCWG Charter as ststed
below:

“In the discussions around the accountability process, the CCWG-Accountabili
ty will proceed with two Work

Streams:

·     *Work Stream 1: focused on mechanisms enhancing ICANN accountability
that must be in place or committed to within the time frame of the IANA
Stewardship Transition*;

Whereas

·             *Work Stream 2: focused on addressing accountability topics
for which a timeline for developing solutions and full implementation may
extend beyond the IANA Stewardship Transition*

*In that sense , ICG is expected to receive the results of activities of
Work Stream 1 .No doubt the activities of that Work Stream should include
but not limited to  cover the outcome of  the CWG accountability part on
naming . *

*Moreover, Work Stream 1 shall also receive the inputs from **for **CRISP(
for numbers ) **; and  from **IANAPLAN.( foir protocol and parameters ) .*

*In other words all accountabilities relating to Naming, Numbers , and
proptocol including parapametrs ,irrespective their transmission to ICG as
You have mentioned , must be seen together in a pachkage by CCWG under Work
Stream 1. .Without that information from CCWG the accountability actions
referred to in WS1 IANA TRANSITION WOULD NOT TAKE PLACE.*

*This is an issue that must be discussed in CCWG thoroughly.*

*Moreover, I do not understand the term “ CONDITIONAL ACCOUNTABILITY” the
accountability is not coherenet and understandable with such qualification.*

*In addition the results of CWG ,efven if it come to ICG at the end of
Januar , it must have the consensus of community . I have doubt that
community would have sufficient time to comment on the output of CWG.*

*I therefroe see a major difficulty here that such a proposal may come from
CWG at the end of Jan. 2015 without being sufficiently discussed by the
community and  not reached consensus.*

*We are rushing to do something which may have serious inconsistencies .  *

*Regards*

*Kavouss *