[IOT] The latest IRP rulings

avri doria avri at acm.org
Tue Aug 9 14:12:23 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I was asked about adding members, had no idea how it was done, so
asked.  So they would have to approach the CCWG chairs for such an
indication if they wanted to join.  I will pass that on.  I understand
that the CCWG chairs are probably subscribed to this list, so they can
also respond if they wish.

Glad we are going to look at the implications of the recent IRP
decisions. Seems it should have some impact on the whole discussion of
discovery. I am curious to understand whether what we are putting in
place prevents some of the mishaps that have been documented.

Have another question I was asked that I was uncertain about:

Can a panel under the new IRP  make binding relief recommendations (not
interim relief which seems well defined) for a complainant, or will they
still be limited to decision requiring further consideration by the
Board.  I did not see substantive decisions as prohibited as is the case
currently, but also do not see where they are specifically enabled.

Thanks

avri