[IOT] Clarification on IoT legal questions

McAuley, David dmcauley at verisign.com
Wed Sep 7 14:04:01 UTC 2016

I write simply to offer my thoughts in clarification of a brief part of our discussion on the call earlier this morning.

In that call Sam volunteered to contact Sidley/Adler with a potential question germane to this group - one I suggested recently.

I then recommended that Sam inform Leon as chair of the legal sub-team, and Avri made the point that this IoT team is not subject to the spending controls that apply to WS2 (rough paraphrase by me of Avri's comment).

While I think it wise to keep Leon in the loop, Avri was exactly right as I see it. In fact, Bylaw 4.3(n)(i) says, among other things: "Upon request, the IRP Implementation Oversight Team shall have assistance of counsel and other appropriate experts."

International Policy Manager
Verisign Inc.
703-948-4154